Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Ok, I think this one will have to be a segment – I just had an epiphany. I know that I’ve touted the zillions of uses for hanging shoe bags over the years, but this may be my favorite. Colleen (FIXIT’s exec producer and a dear friend) was complaining that her kids have so much stuff that’s needed on different days that it’s hard to keep track of everything without it cluttering up the kitchen and half the time someone forgets something. So, find a shoe organizer that has between five and seven rows on it. Then label the rows with the days of the week. In the other direction, label the rows with each family member’s name. Now hang the bag in an easily accessible spot. In Colleen’s house I’m thinking the back of the door to the basement. It’s in the kitchen but kind of out of the way. Now she can stick lunch money, permission slips, baseball gloves, dance shoes or whatever the kids need for each day in the pockets. If there are reminders for any day they can be clipped to the front of that day’s pocket. Then have the kids check the bags for that day when they’re grabbing their backpacks in the morning. Do you suppose the kids will cooperate? Here’s hoping, I have to call Colleen….

No comments:

Post a Comment