Monday, October 11, 2010

A Mrs. FIXIT Fan Tip!
Thank you Gail Currier!

Gail writes:
My husband put in beautiful cherry floors a few years ago. We put felt
protectors under all the furniture so it wouldn't scratch, but I love
rocking chairs and whenever I moved one (dragged it) across the floor any
little bit of sand, etc. would make a scratch in the finish. Those little
felt feet wouldn't work on the rockers because the ride would be bumpy.
At a hardware store I bought heavy duty Velcro. My husband watched when I
rocked in the chairs and marked the rockers when they touched the floor.
I cut a piece of the Velcro to the correct length and fasted the smooth
part to the rocker. I tossed the "hook" part. The chairs now rock
smoothly, you can't see the Velcro and they don't scratch the floors when
I move them. TA DA!

Now that's using some FIXIT ingenuity! Thanks for the tip Gail!

No comments:

Post a Comment