Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Chandelier

My chandelier fell from the ceiling - this is the second ceiling fixture I've heard about falling within the past week. Thank goodness no one was hurt, but it was a big foyer chandelier, so I feel fortunate that no one was near it. So, in light of recent events I have decided to check all of the ceiling fixtures. My friend's fixture that fell was caused by the mounting screw slowly turning as she walked around in her closet over the past 5 years (the fixture that fell was directly under her closet door). So take a minute and go around and check your ceiling fixtures, you could prevent a broken fixture or worse yet someone getting hurt. While you're at it, run a test on your smoke detectors to make sure that they're running properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment