Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sherwin Williams Strikes Again...

I've got to tell you, while we've been rennovating the FIXIT studio house I've run into different dilemmas along the way. This week's dilemma - the bottom of my bannisters on the main stairway were previously painted white while the top was stained a light brown. I wanted more of a prescence to the bannister so I sanded and stained it a nice deep red mahagony and walnut mixture - love it! The only problem was I really didn't want to have to strip the underside so I could stain it. Now the only thing I have that is the same wood and stained the same color are some great pineapple finials that I picked up for the endcaps. So I took this pineapple to Sherwin Williams in Dewitt and Connie was a doll. She worked with me not only to pick the best paint for what I was doing but the color match I ended up with looks EXACTLY like the stain! Thank you Connie - I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment