Thursday, March 31, 2011
Moving can be nerve racking to say the least, but these few tips should make the move a lot easier for you.
1. Invest in some plastic totes. Watch for them to go on sale and stock up. They're easy to pack and carry, and they stack neatly for storage at your new home.
2. When you're packing breakable items, use your dishtowels, bath towels and washcloths to wrap them instead of newspaper. You won't have to wash them when you unpack and you don't need an extra box to pack those towels.
3. As you finish a box, mark it with its destination room and a rough contents list. This way you won't have a lot of shuffling of boxes and searching when you get in your new house!
4. Bungee cords are essential during a move. They keep dresser drawers closed, rugs rolled and sofa beds in place.
5. Keep a bunch of carpet scraps on hand; they'll help you move furniture without damaging floors. Just slip the scraps under the feet and pull it along.
6. Make sure you pack a must have box. Pack your medications, toiletries, bedding and towels in it so you're sure to have everything you need for your first night at your new house. Don't forget to throw the TV remote in that box; that really is a must have.