Monday, October 3, 2011
Have your copper bottom pots seen better days? Don't fret. It's an easy thing to fix. I can get them sparkling like never before.
1. Cut a fresh lemon in half and spin it around in some salt.
2. Use the lemon as a scrubber; all you have to do is rub the surface. The lemon juice and salt working together will dissolve the tarnish. You may have to spend a few minutes to get all the spots clean but not nearly the time and hassle as it would take to polish with a regular type polishes.
3. Rinse it off under water! This little trick also works on brass, like these candlesticks.
4. Another easy way to clean copper or brass is to make mix a tablespoon each of flour, salt and vinegar, work it into a nice paste.
5. Use a soft cloth like a cotton diaper to rub the paste into the brass.