Thursday, October 27, 2011
Quick tips that make life a little easier are always welcome in my house; well, here are some that maybe you can use.
1. If you hate to see a rusty ring from your coffee can on your cabinet shelves, each time you buy a new can, place the lid of the old can of coffee on the bottom of the new. The coaster will protect your cupboards.
2. Coffee grounds can come in handy in the fridge. Poke some holes in a plastic container and fill it with used coffee grounds, then stick it in the fridge. The grounds will help eliminate fridge odors.
3. Speaking of odors, sprinkle some kitty litter in the bottom of your kitchen garbage can. It will serve two purposes, first it will help absorb odors, second it will catch drips if the bag leaks so you have less of a mess to clean up later.
4. If you have a stuck jar lid the problem is usually too much pressure. Rather than beating the lid on a counter, hit the bottom of the jar firmly with the heel of your hand to "POP" the pressure and loosen the lid.
5. If you need to get a better grip on that jar, grab your rubber gloves, they will give you a non-slip grip and more turning power!