Thursday, May 19, 2011
Baking soda is one of those things that we just take for granted but you can put it to work all over you house.
1. Remove rust and mineral deposits from your teapot. Fill it with water, add two tablespoons each of baking soda and lemon juice. Bring the pot to a boil and then simmer for fifteen minutes. Rinse clean and the deposits are history!
2. If the ice cubes from your automatic ice maker are tasting a little bit funny, remove the unit from the freezer and wash it with warm water and baking soda, the bad taste will disappear in the very next batch!
3. Sprinkle some baking soda on a damp cloth and use it to clean your fresh fruits and vegetables, it will get rid of those waxes and residues that make the produce so pretty!
4. Coffee stains can be removed from china with a paste of baking soda and water. Spread it over the stain, let it sit ten minutes and then wash in soapy water, stains will be gone!
5. In the laundry room you can add a half a cup of baking soda to each bleach load to get your whites brilliant!
6. You can remove crayon marks from kids clothing with a damp white cloth dipped in baking soda. Just rub it into the marks and watch them disappear!