Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Selling Your Home
Considering selling your home? Well, I have some tips to help maximize profit and minimize the time your home is on the market.
1. Clean. Give your house a "spring cleaning" do curtains, windows, rugs and furniture. You want the house to look it's best for potential homebuyers.
2. Pare down the knick-knacks and furniture. You want buyers to see your home, not your stuff. Plus, an emptier room looks bigger.
3. Use rooms for their intended purpose. If you turned a dining room into a playroom, turn it back to a dining room while your house is for sale.
4. If something is worn and outdated like carpeting or wall color change it. Tips, when you're deciding on colors choose neutral creams and beiges they make everything look clean and simple! These small improvements can pay off big in the end.
5. Just before a showing fill your house with homey scents. Make some cookies, popcorn or simmer potpourri.
6. Finally, staging. Turn on the lights, open curtains and have some fresh flowers around to make your home look its best and brightest.