Monday, May 16, 2011
When life hands you lemons... you don't have to make lemonade. Use them all over the house, for help with all sorts of jobs!
1. Rubbing cut lemons on your hands or your cutting board will get rid of garlic, onion and fish odors. It will also clean away stains left from slicing berries!
2. Lemon juice will brighten whites that can't be bleached! Just pour a quarter of a cup of lemon juice into the washer. If you have light stains that won't come out of those whites, pour lemon juice on them and spread the clothes in the sun to dry. The lemon juice will react with the sunlight and the stains will disappear!
3. To freshen the air in your home, put a few drops of lemon juice in your vacuum bag when you change it. The fresh smell will spread throughout the house when you vacuum.
4. If someone ends up with a small cut or scrape, dab it with some lemon juice to disinfect the wound. It will also take the itch out of poison ivy.
5. If you do want to make lemonade, microwave your lemons for 30 seconds before you squeeze them. You'll get a lot more juice!