Between the kids and the pets carpets can really take on some odors, but I have an easy recipe for an all natural carpet deodorizer that will get rid of the odors and won’t harm the kids or pets!
1. You’ll need a shaker bottle like the kind that parmesan cheese comes in to hold the mixture and make it easy to spread. Make sure that it’s clean and dry, I washed this one earlier.
2. Fill the jar halfway with cornstarch and then fill the other half with baking soda.
3. Use a small dowel or other long stick to mix the two ingredients together.
Cornstarch will bond to the dirt and baking soda will absorb odors.
4. If you’d like, you can add fragrance to the mix, a few drops of your favorite essential oil will leave behind a hint of freshness. Make sure that you mix the oil in well if you choose to use it.
5. Now to freshen, gently sweep the carpeting with a broom to lift the nap and loosen any matted spots. Make sure the cap is screwed on tight and shake the mixture onto the carpet.
That’s all there is to it, this mixture costs next to nothing and is safer for you and the environment! I’m Mrs. FIXIT and it’s just that simple!