Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Suprising Uses for Dishwasher Detergent
Powdered automatic dishwashing detergent is an indispensable cleanser in any home - even if you don't have a dishwasher!
1. Mix a quarter cup into a gallon of hot water and you have the perfect cleanser for painted walls and woodwork. Remember when you're washing walls work from the bottom up so you don't get streaks!
2. A little detergent on a damp sponge will clean crayon and pencil marks of walls too!
3. A box in the bathroom will help you cut easily through tough hard water stains and soap scum in bathtubs and showers. It will also put a nice shine on your toilet bowl, just sprinkle some in, let it sit for an hour or so and scrub away your stains.
4. Keep some in the laundry room, wet a stain, dab some detergent onto it, then launder as usual.
5. To whiten whites mix a half a cup of detergent into a gallon of hot water and soak overnight. Then wash the items in hot water.