Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Holiday Decor on a Dime
Christmas decorations are part of the festivities for the holidays. But those baubles can add up to a big price tag. Well I have some ideas for decorating on a budget on a budget.
1. Get some holiday ribbon and use it to tie some bows around throw pillows. It adds a quick festive touch and the ribbon and can be used year after year.
2. Take last years Christmas cards or copy pages from a holiday book and cut it up, frame it up and hang it up for holiday artwork with a big impact. Use frames you already have and just layer your holiday art over the existing art and the cost is next to nothing.
3. Sugared fruit is really expensive, but you can make your own, just lay out some newspaper, place the inexpensive faux fruit on the paper, spray it evenly with adhesive and then dust it with glitter.
4. Drape a winter scarf over a side table as a festive table runner.
5. No centerpiece? No problem. Lay a wreath or fresh greens flat on the table. Add some ribbons and ornaments and put a candle in the center. Boom you have an instant eye catcher for the table.
6. You can also add Christmas balls or fruit in a large jar or vase for some added sparkle. Hang small wreaths fashioned from backyard greens in windows and on mirrors for a bit of the unexpected so you don't have to spend a lot to make a big impact this holiday season.