Have you ever found a solution to a problem that you thought, why didn't I think of that sooner? Well, I have some kitchen tips that will fit that bill.
1. You love those fancy pressed sandwiches from your favorite restaurant, but you don't want to spend a fortune on a press, no problem! Grab a heavy cast iron pan, set it on top of your sandwich and it will press it into the grilling surface just like those expensive presses. (You could also use a plain old brick wrapped with a couple of layers of aluminum foil).
2. If you heat a brick in the oven it can also be used in the bottom of a breadbasket to keep your rolls toasty warm, just make sure you use an oven mitt.
3. If you're sick of your green food turning brown, a little vitamin C powder will keep basil, spinach and avocados a beautiful green. Just sprinkle it over the freshly chopped veggies.
4. Have you ever gone to empty your food processor only to have the blade crash into the bowl? If you put your middle finger in the hole in the bottom you'll hold the blade in place!
5. That does it, some easy solutions to some kitchen frustrations!