Closet organization, it's one of those projects that no one really wants to think about but everybody should tackle. I have some tips.
1. First things first, ditch the plastic and wire hangers. They aren't good for your clothes and they don't line up and slide well so it's hard to navigate your clothes, opt for wooden hangers, which last forever and are relatively inexpensive, this box of twenty was about ten dollars.
2. Don't hang your clothes in dry cleaning bags; you need to let fabrics breathe if you want them to last.
3. When organizing hanging clothes hang them in an order that makes sense to you, whether by color, by item or by use like office, dress and weekend wear.
4. When hanging ties, don't drape them over the closet rod or a hanger, they will slide all over and are hard to see! Buy an inexpensive tie and belt rack to easily separate and organize those items.
5. Use clear plastic boxes to store shoes, handbags, scarves and jewelry. They stack easily and they keep items clean, organized and in easy reach.
6. If you have items that aren't worn very often, use a breathable garment bag or an old cotton pillowcase to protect them from dust.